Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers Representing You After a Tourism-Related Accident
Advocating for the rights of travelers injured while visiting Illinois
More than 109 million tourists visited the state of Illinois in 2014. According to the Illinois Office of Tourism, this industry supports more than 300,000 jobs and brings more than $36.6 billion to the state’s economy. With this high level of tourism-related businesses and activities, it is inevitable that sometimes accident will occur.
At Gainsberg Law, we appreciate the significant contributions that tourists make to our state and city. When tourism accidents occur, we fight to secure the appropriate compensation from the liable parties. Our firm provides trustworthy representation for tourism accident victims and their families. If you were injured while vacationing within our great state, secure the services of a dependable Chicago tourism accident lawyer.
Common accidents befalling Chicago visitors
If you’re traveling to Chicago, the chances are good you’ll be doing two things: seeing the sights, and staying in a hotel. Because of that, tourists are at risk of certain types of accidents that locals may not be. Gainsberg Law routinely represents families and travelers who were hurt by:
- Swimming pool accidents. When tourists are injured in a swimming pool, the owner of the pool may be liable if basic maintenance and safety standards are not met.
- Slip and falls. Property owners have a duty to keep walkways and floors free from debris and dangerous obstructions. Failure to maintain these areas can lead to serious tourism injuries.
- Hotel elevator accidents. Elevators become extremely dangerous when hotels fail to keep them in correct operating order. Doors that aren’t working properly or jolting movements can lead to injuries to the occupants of the elevator.
- Inadequate hotel security. Hotel operators must take measures to keep their guests safe while on their premises. Inadequate security measures can lead to theft and assault.
- Amusement park ride malfunctions. Families love to spend their vacations at amusement parks. Owners and operators must take action to maintain the safety of each ride and attraction. Failure to do so places visitors at significant risk of injury.
Vacations are a time for rest, relaxation, and fun. Chicago offers a variety of enjoyable activities for tourists to participate in while vacationing. From hotels and restaurants to amusement parks and water activities, tourists have the right to expect a reasonable level of safety when utilizing these amenities. However, a vacation can turn disastrous when the owners and operators of these facilities fail to meet adequate standards of care and maintenance. A knowledgeable Chicago tourism accident attorney assists in holding all liable parties responsible when injuries occur.
Types of Cases We Handle
Some of the more serious types of injuries our firm handles are:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Medical malpractice
- Police brutality
- Nursing home abuse
Get the help you need after a tourism-related accident in Chicago
Injured tourists often leave the state without seeking compensation for their injuries. Many do not understand their rights or their ability to hold liable parties financially responsible for their actions. A Chicago tourism accident lawyer at Gainsberg Law will take the time to explain the merits of your case and provide you with advice you can trust. Even once you return home to heal, our staff ensures that your case properly proceeds in Illinois. Trust our efficient and skilled layers with your tourism accident case. We believe in putting the interests of your clients first. Call us today at 312-600-9585 or fill out our contact form.