Knowledgeable Chicago Plane Crash Attorneys Handling Complex Accident Cases
Helping Illinois residents and visitors who sustained an injury in an aviation-related accident
Airplane accidents are rare, but when they do occur, the results are often tragic and Not only are individuals inside the plane in danger, but people on the ground are also at risk. Anyone involved in a plane or helicopter crash is likely to suffer serious or even fatal injuries.
Whether the accident involves a commercial aircraft, a helicopter tour or a small, chartered plane, Gainsberg Law diligently works to secure adequate compensation for your injuries or the death of your loved one. We provide compassionate guidance for injury victims and their families. When a plane crash causes injury or death, turn to an experienced Chicago airplane accident attorney to guide you through the legal process.
Reasons plan and helicopter accidents occur
There are many different reasons why a plane crash or accident can occur. Some common causes of airplane accidents include:
- Mechanical malfunctions. When components of an airplane fail, an accident can result. In these cases, the cause of the accident could be a design or manufacturing defect with the part.
- Fires or explosions. As 2016 came to a close, we saw a serious incident right here at O’Hare, when a plane burst into flames on the runway. Twenty people were injured as a result, thought thankfully no one died. Electrical shorts and fuel-line damage can lead to devastating damage and injuries, including burns and smoke inhalation.
- Pilot errors. The pilot’s actions and decisions can mean the difference between a successful flight and tragedy. When pilots fail to meet a reasonable professional standard, they may be liable for any resulting injuries, along with their employer.
- Runway defects. Airport authorities are responsible for care and maintenance of the runway, including its physical condition and ensuring there is no debris that could prevent a plane from landing safely.
- Inadequate plane maintenance. Numerous individuals contribute to the adequate maintenance of an airplane. If any one of them fails to meet their duty to act, the safety of the plane can be compromised.
- Air traffic controller error. Air traffic controllers also bare a significant responsibility for safe navigation of the plane. Failure to identify risks and provide adequate direction to the pilot can prove fatal.
Commercial airliners are owned and operated by large corporations. These companies, along with their contractors and employees, must provide adequate operation of the planes to prevent accidents. Charter companies – both for planes and helicopters –are also held to certain standards designed to protect pilots and passengers. A knowledgeable Chicago airplane accident lawyer also understands the complexities of a single engine plane crash. In these cases, pilot error and weather complications are often the cause.
Airplane accident injuries are often serious or fatal. These tragedies may leave families emotionally, mentally, and financially devastated. Victims who survive the accident must endure substantial physical injuries, in addition to severe emotional trauma. Our attorneys understand the seriousness of these issues and work to secure proper compensation.
Client-centered representation from a Chicago-area airplane accident law firm
Time is of the essence in an airplane accident case. There may be filing requirements and limitations in place, so it’s important to secure legal representation immediately following the accident. Trust the efficient and affordable law practice of Gainsberg Law to provide experienced representation in your airplane accident case. Call us today at 312-313-1621 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment with one of our Chicago airplane accident lawyers and learn more about how we can help.