Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Hold Wrongdoers Accountable
Getting injury victims and their families throughout Illinois the compensation they deserve
Some injuries can change a life forever. Serious injures can require around-the-clock medical care, multiple surgeries, and intense unbearable pain. Catastrophic injuries can mean the victim can no longer care for himself/herself or enjoy the daily pleasures of life. Many injuries are permanent. They can prevent the victim from ever working or resuming work. Some injuries leave visible physical scars. Others can lead to a lifetime of depression and anxiety.
At Gainsberg Law, our attorneys understand how devastating injuries can be. We have a strong record of tough representation for clients who were severely injured through the fault of another. We counsel clients when a company fails to design a product properly, fails to make the sidewalks or stairways safe, or when accidents occur while you’re visiting or touring Chicago or the surrounding areas. When injuries happen, our Chicago personal injury attorneys fight for compensation for physical pain and suffering, lost income, scarring, and payment of all reasonable medical bills.
Types of personal injury cases we handle
Accidents cause all types of injuries, such as broken bones, bruises, respiratory problems, heart complications, and most any type of problem that needs medical attention. Some of the more serious types of injuries our firm handles are:
- Spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the spine can cause paralysis in the lower parts of the anatomy or in all four limbs, nerve damage, loss of bodily function such as bladder control, and long-lasting pain. Spinal cord injuries can be caused by many types of accidents, including vehicle accidents, slips and falls, and sports or recreational activities.
- Brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can cause the brain to bleed, bruise, or swell. Brain injuries can result in death. Survivors often lose some cognitive function and suffer from headaches, confusion, and depression. Brain injuries can be caused by a car or truck accident, a gunshot, an accident at work, an explosion, and more. Our Chicago personal injury lawyers work with doctors to analyze the physical cause of the accident and the patient’s long-term diagnosis.
- Burn injuries. Burn injuries can range from minor burns to second- and third-degree burns. Burns can be classified as thermal, electrical, or chemical. For many patients, multiple surgeries and skin grafts are required. Victims often are left with unsightly scars. The causes of burn injuries include fire, automobile crash explosions, defective products, and other types of accidents.
- Product liability. Any company that puts a product into the stream of commerce may be strictly liable if the product is defective and the defect causes injuries. This includes manufacturers, distributors, and sellers. Defects include poor design, improper manufacture, and inaccurate or confusing instructions.
- Premises liability. Business owners and residential owners have a duty to keep their property safe for people who use or walk through their premises. Anyone who is injured on the property of another due to spills on the floor, icy sidewalks, dog-bites, falling merchandise, poor lighting, torn carpets, rickety stairways, negligent security, or other reasons may have the right to sue the property owner for any injures they suffer.
- Tourism-related liability. Accidents can occur when visitors are injured or killed while in a train, cab, rental vehicle, bus, shuttle, or boat. Some tourists are hurt when they pass through a hotel or motel. Accidents can occur at museums, entertainment halls, and restaurants. Our Chicago personal injury lawyers understand how to hold tourist-related business accountable when tourists are injured through no fault of their own.
- Medical malpractice. When health care professionals make serious medical mistakes, the results can be deadly for the patient. Whether you’ve been affected by a misdiagnosis, surgical error, or medication mistake, let out firm protect your rights.
- Police brutality. For the most part, Chicago’s police department offers fair treatment to suspects and those convicted. Unfortunately, some members of the force are known for unethically using unnecessary force before, during, and after the arrest process. For some, the consequences are deadly.
- Nursing home abuse. Leaving loved one’s in care of a nursing home facility is supposed to bring relief to the patient and the family. Yet, when residents are neglected and abused, your family member could be in serious danger. Let us protect the rights of your loved one who has suffered nursing home abuse.
We also represent clients across Illinois in other types of personal injury cases such as workers’ compensation and wrongful death.
Speak with an experienced Chicago personal injury attorney today
At Gainsberg Law, our legal team has the professional skill and tenacity to investigate your claim, negotiate with insurance adjustors, work with product experts and medical experts, and prepare your case for a jury trial. We have obtained large verdicts and settlements for many of our clients. Our Chicago personal injury lawyers tackle every aspect of your cases so you can focus on getting as healthy as possible. Call 312-313-1621 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.