Chicago Slip and Fall Lawyers
Holding Illinois property owners accountable for unsafe spaces
Visitors to any building have a right to expect that the owners of the property have made the property safe. Floors, carpets, stairways, parking lots, and every corner of the property should be routinely inspected to make sure the surfaces are dry and the structures are secure. People who buy products, use services, or engage in social activities are focused on what they are purchasing, what services they need, and the reasons they are visiting someone. The owner of the premises has a duty to help the visitor or passerby keep focused on their task instead of the floor or their surroundings.
Premises liability law in Illinois requires that property owners and anyone responsible for the repairs or inspections of the property keep the surroundings safe. A slip or fall can cause broken bones, concussions and other types of brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, bruises, nerve damage, and even death. At Gainsberg Law, P.C., our Chicago slip and fall lawyers understand how to identify the responsible parties and how to hold them accountable for the injuries they cause.
We have a strong record of accomplishment, including the following illustrative results:
- $1,150,000 pre-trial settlement for Metra worker in FELA action. Our client’s supervisor actually fell off a ladder and onto our client.
- $485,000 settlement for a senior citizen who fractured her hip after tripping and falling on a dangerous plywood board, requiring surgery.
- $250,000 settlement for a 67-year-old female, who was on a routine visit to her doctor’s office. While walking on the walkway to the entrance of the office building, she fell on a dangerous and uneven condition on the concrete – made worse by an unmonitored sprinkler system that left pools of water.
How can we help?
- When are property owners in Chicago responsible for your safety?
- What are the common causes of slips and falls in Chicago?
- Who is liable for a slip and fall accident in Chicago?
- Who is at greatest risk of injury from a slip, trip, or fall?
- What types of injuries do slip and fall accidents usually cause?
- How much is my slip and fall accident case worth in Illinois?
- Do you have a slip and fall lawyer near me?
The duty to keep property safe applies to commercial property owners, nonprofits, and homeowners. It applies to small mom-and-pop companies and large businesses. Our Chicago premises liability attorneys are skilled at showing that property owners:
- Created an improper condition
- Knew of the dangerous condition on the property
- Should have known of a dangerous condition by conducting routine inspections or responding to customer complaints
- Failed to fix the danger or warn customers and visitors of the danger
A slip and fall is usually due to a wet surface such as icy or wet conditions after a Chicago snowstorm or during a rainy day. A trip and fall is normally caused by something that makes a customer lose his/her footing. Some of the many reasons people may slip and fall or trip and fall are:
- Flooring that is worn
- Carpets that are torn
- Objects, such as merchandise, which are on the floor
- Staircases that have loose railings
- Bad lighting
- Slippery surfaces
- Tiles that are loose or cracked
- Ice and snow that haven’t been removed
- Loose wires and cables
- Beverages that haven’t been mopped up
Slip and fall accidents may be due to outdoor conditions, such as those in unplowed parking lots, as well as inside conditions, such as wet floors.
Some of the property owners we are ready to hold responsible for slip and fall accidents are:
- Retail stores
- Food stores
- Apartment buildings
- Residential property owners who fail to clean their sidewalks
- Construction sites
- Professional offices
- Community sites
- Any other type of business
In addition to filing claims against property owners for slip and fall accidents, we may file claims against the owners of the property, maintenance companies that failed to conduct routine inspections, and/or repair companies that failed to dangerous conditions like broken tiles.
We’re skilled at showing that most dangerous conditions, such as broken handrails or walkway pavers, were dangerous for quite some time.
The terrible thing about fall injuries is that literally anyone can suffer them. There are, however, some groups of people who may be at greater risk of a fall and an ensuing injury:
The type and seriousness of slip and fall injuries depend on what part of the body the customer or visitor falls on and how hard they fall. The age of the victim is also a factor. For example, many older people who fall break their hips.
At Gainsberg Law, our Chicago slip and fall lawyers handle all types of serious injuries including:
We work with your doctors and our network of doctors to understand just how devastating and costly your injuries are. Slip and fall injuries may require surgery and long-term rehabilitative therapy. Some victims live with chronic pain, which can make simple tasks like sleeping or walking extremely difficult.
Our team demands compensation for all your current and future damages including:
- All your medical expenses
- Any income loss or benefit loss because you can’t do your job
- Your physical pain and emotional suffering including every ache, every itch, every moment of anxiety, and every tear
- Loss of consortium (enjoyment of marital relations)
- Loss of normal life, which is the temporary or permanent diminished ability to enjoy life
- Any other damages
Gainsberg Law meets clients at our downtown Chicago office located at 77 W Washington Street, Suite 1215, right in downtown Chicago. You can also easily reach us by bus. Our Chicago slip and fall lawyers also conduct initial consultations by phone, video conferences, and in-person hospital visits.
We understand all the questions and worries you have. We’ve helped many people just like you. We’ll guide you through this difficult time.
Make the call to an experienced Chicago slip and fall lawyer now
The Chicago slip and fall attorneys at Gainsberg Law work to prove liability by inspecting the scene of the accident, speaking with witnesses, and demanding to see any reports of complaints and any invoices for repairs. We are skilled at showing why the owner or any other responsible defendants knew or should have known of the defect – and how simple steps could have prevented your injuries or the death of a loved one. Our lawyers review your injuries with your doctors so we know all your medical problems and pain.
Please call us or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation. We handle slip and fall claims on a contingency fee basis.