Experienced Chicago Auto Accident Lawyers Fight to Secure Compensation After a Fatal Accident
Compassionately representing Illinois families after a wrongful death of a loved one
Every injury-causing auto accident brings challenges and obstacles. Each case is unique and should be treated as such. However, cases involving a wrongful death are especially sensitive. The pain and suffering brought on by a fatal accident is immeasurable for the family members of the deceased. They deserve to be represented by an attorney they can trust after such an unimaginable, and preventable, loss.
When an individual’s negligence causes another’s death, Gainsberg Law is here to help families through the tragedy. We provide client-centered representation for fatal accident victims in Chicago and throughout Illinois. Get help from an experienced Chicago fatal accident lawyer to secure the compensation your family deserves.
Efficient representation in a variety of fatal auto accident cases
Any auto accident that can lead to an injury can also lead to a wrongful death. Our Chicago fatal accident law firm represents families after a loved one has suffered a fatal injury in:
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Airplane accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
Fatal accident cases are particularly complex, and a successful claim requires the assistance of a reliable lawyer. We are equipped and ready to handle even the most challenging cases of fatal accident tragedies.
What types of damages are available?
When a loved one is killed by the actions of another, surviving family members face a multitude of emotional and financial challenges. If the other party is found liable, you may be entitled to certain kinds of compensatory damages. The most common types include:
- Medical expense payments. If the victim required medical assistance after the accident, those expenses remain even if the victim ultimately does not survive. The family is left with these expenses, and the liable party may be held responsible for them.
- Loss of income. In situations where the deceased party financially contributed to a household, death also represents a loss of ongoing income for the surviving family. This amount may be factored into a compensatory award.
- Funeral expenses. Surviving family members must pay for funeral and burial expenses for their deceased loved one. These costs can be significant, especially in situations where the deceased had no life insurance.
- Emotional pain and suffering. The loss of a loved one is extremely painful, particularly when the death occurs unexpectedly. While it is virtually impossible to quantify such pain, the responsible party may have to provide some level of financial compensation.
A knowledgeable Chicago car accident attorney from Gainsberg Law works with you, listening to your concerns and helping you plan for the future. We strive to hold the liable party responsible for the resulting loss, and we take these losses into account when working to get you a just result.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Hit and run injuries
- Car incursions
- Multi-car pileups
- Defective auto part accidents
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving incidents
Reliable representation from a Chicago-area fatal accident law firm
After losing a loved one in a fatal auto accident, trust the efficient and affordable law practice of Gainsberg Law. While not amount of money can replace your loved one, we advocate for you to get the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 312-313-1621 or fill out our contact form to secure our client-centered services. We believe in putting your needs first and offer a high-quality level of personal injury representation to clients like you.