Trust a Knowledgeable Chicago Attorney with Your Multi-Vehicle Accident Case
Diligently representing Illinois victims of serious crashes involving many vehicles
Any car accident has the potential to be catastrophic. However, the more vehicles and people involved, the more likely it is that someone gets seriously or fatally injured. More people being involved also can complicate the investigation following the crash. Every auto accident case presents challenges when determining liability and adequate compensation for victims.
At Gainsberg Law, our track record of success exemplifies our level of knowledge and experience with multi-vehicle accidents. We proudly and compassionately represent auto accident victims in Chicago. If you were injured in an auto accident involving more than two vehicles, trust your case to a client-centered Chicago multi-car accident lawyer.
How to determine fault in multi-vehicle accidents
The biggest challenge of a multi-vehicle accident case is determining responsibility. When three or more drivers are involved, you often encounter a situation where each of the parties blame one another. At Gainsberg Law, we not only want to find the correct responsible party or parties, but we also want to protect our clients’ innocence. Doing this requires intense investigation and data collection. Some of the evidence we may present includes:
- Eyewitness statements. In a multi-vehicle accident, with numerous perspectives, eye witness accounts can prove extremely valuable. We know how to identify and properly question eyewitnesses.
- Photographs of the accident scene and resulting damage are useful to provide an accurate visual representation, especially if a trial becomes necessary to secure compensation.
- Expert testimony. In cases with an abundance of evidence and testimony, statements from an expert are often presented to promote the credibility of useful evidence or effectively counter harmful evidence.
- Police documentation. In some circumstances, law enforcement investigations and reports are helpful in proving which driver is ultimately responsible for the resulting injuries.
When many parties are involved in an accident, determining fault can be complicated. However, our Chicago accident lawyers are up to the task.
Common causes of multi-car crashes
Running a red light, a deer in the road, a texting driver – almost anything can start a multi-car auto accident in Chicago. In our experience, most begin in one of two ways:
- Chain reaction accidents often begin with the collision of two cars. As other vehicles approach the accident, they may not stop in time, causing a chain reaction. This often happens in cases where a driver is rear-ended or when the initial collision pushes one vehicle into oncoming traffic.
- Rubber necking can lead to a serious accident. When people see an accident on the road, their natural reaction is to look. Unfortunately, many of these observers are also drivers, and the distraction can lead to a multi-vehicle accident.
To put forth a comprehensive claim, it is important that you rely on a capable Chicago multi-vehicle accident lawyer to advocate for your rights.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Hit and run injuries
- Car incursions
- Defective auto part accidents
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving incidents
- Fatal accidents
Responsive representation from an experienced multi-car accident law firm in Chicago
The Chicago auto accident attorneys at Gainsberg Law have years of experience helping clients just like you. We pride ourselves on putting the needs of our clients first to create an approachable environment. If you or a loved one has been involved in a multi-vehicle accident in Chicago, do not hesitate to get the help you need. Call us today at 312-600-9585 or fill out our convenient contact form.