Skip to content

Select Language:

Free Consultation

Can I Bring an action Against Anyone Besides the Drunk or Drugged Driver?

If you are injured by an impaired or drunk driver, you may not only have a claim against that driver, but against the bar or restaurant or other type of liquor store that caused that driver to be impaired. In Illinois, it’s called the Dram Shop Act, and the Dram Shop Act provides that somebody who supplies alcohol to an impaired person, and that impaired person then injures a third party – an innocent third party – the injured victim may recover damages against the licensed store, bar, restaurant that supplied the alcohol to the impaired driver.

So if you’re a victim of drunk driving and sustained injuries as a result of a drunk driving accident, you may have rights against a variety of people, against a variety of different businesses. You need to contact a lawyer. At Gainsberg Law, we handle drunk driving cases. We make sure victims of drunk driving get the right compensation they deserve. We also go after bars and restaurants that caused drunk driving accidents by overserving drunk drivers and make sure that they pay their fair share of compensation.

We get justice for the drunk driving victim. Please call us, email us, or visit us at Our Chicago-based injury lawyers serve clients throughout the region. You can fill out our contact form, or call 312-600-9585 to schedule your free initial consultation.