When you get hurt in a car accident and you have medical bills, a settlement or jury award should pay for those bills. But sometimes, cases aren’t always clear cut. Today. We’re going to look at two specific types of claims where someone else might pay those bills.

Who Pays for Medical Bills in a Crash with an Uninsured Driver?

If you have been in an accident with someone who does not have insurance, and they caused the accident, and the accident was their fault, you still can get coverage under your own policy. Your policy here in Illinois does provide for uninsured motorist benefits, which protects you and provides benefits for your injuries. It can provide payments for pain and suffering, for lost wages, for medical bills.

We at Gainsberg Law have the knowledge and experience to understand every aspect of an uninsured motorist benefit claim. So if you’ve been in an accident with an uninsured driver, you have injuries as a result in an accident, please call or email us, or visit our website at gainsberglaw.com.

Who Pays the Medical Bills if a Passenger is Hurt in a Collision?

If you are a passenger in a car that was involved in an accident, you have specific rights to make sure that you are protected, and to get compensation for any injuries that you sustained. Compensation including medical bills paid, pain and suffering, lost wages.

It is a complicated issue as to who you may recover benefits for under the policy of the car that you’re in, or the other driver’s car, or if it’s a three car accident, maybe there’s a third car that you’d be getting benefits from. That’s why it’s so important that you contact an attorney.

Here at Gainsberg Law, we have the knowledge and experience and have represented many, many passengers that have been in car accidents. Please – if you’ve been in an accident or been injured in an accident, call 312-600-9585, or email us or visit our website at GainsbergLaw.com.